21 October 1899
16 August 1986
German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1920)
|Years of service||
|Rank||Oberstleutnant der Reserve|
|Commands held||Panzer-Brigade 102|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Curt Ehle (21 October 1899 – 16 August 1986) was a highly decorated Oberstleutnant der Reserve in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939)
Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- Panzer Badge in Silver
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- "Ärmelband Afrika"
- Mentioned in the Wehrmachtbericht (17 February 1945)
- Thomas 1997, p. 146.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 143.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 78.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- World War 2 Awards.com