10 November 1914|
18 June 2005
|Years of service||1936–45|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Cord Hermann Johann Tietjen (10 November 1914 – 18 June 2005) was a highly decorated Hauptmann in the Fallschirmjäger during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Tietjen was captured in 1942 by British forces and was held until 1947.
- Awards and decorations 1
- Citations 2.1
- Bibliography 2.2
- External links 3
Awards and decorations
- Army Parachutist Badge (18 December 1937)
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (23 May 1940)
- 1st Class (23 May 1940)
- in Black (20 May 1940)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 24 May 1940 as Leutnant and Zugführer (platoon leader) in the 5./Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 1
- Armband Crete (20 May 1941)
- Thomas & Wegmann 1986, p. 317.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 343.
- Kurowski, Franz (1995). Knights of the Wehrmacht Knight's Cross Holders of the Fallschirmjäger. Atglen, PA:
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz; Wegmann, Günter (1986). Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939–1945 Teil II: Fallschirmjäger [The Knight's Cross Bearers of the German Wehrmacht 1939–1945 Part II: Paratroopers] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Das Ritterkreuz.de