6 October 1914|
4 April 1945
|Years of service||1936–45|
|Rank||Hauptmann der Reserve|
|Unit||Jäger-Regiment 207/97. Jäger Division|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Bruno Kohnz (6 October 1914 – 4 April 1945) was a highly decorated Hauptmann der Reserve in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (11 November 1939)
- 1st Class (17 November 1941)
- in Black
- in Silver
- in Gold
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Eastern Front Medal
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (1 March 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (4 September 1942)
Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 21 December 1942 as Oberfeldwebel der Reserve and platoon leader 11./Jäger-Regiment 207
- 207th Oak Leaves on 6 March 1943 as Oberfeldwebel der Reserve and platoon leader 11./Jäger-Regiment 207
- Thomas 1997, p. 391.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 220.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 59.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht