|Country||United States of America|
|• Total||22.1 sq mi (57.3 km2)|
|• Land||19.8 sq mi (51.3 km2)|
|• Water||2.3 sq mi (6.0 km2)|
|• Density||44/sq mi (17/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||597013|
Aquasco occupies the southeastern corner of Prince George's County and is centered around the intersection of Maryland Route 381, Aquasco Road, and Maryland Route 233, Dr. Bowen Road. The Patuxent River forms the eastern boundary of the community. As of the 2010 census, the CDP had a total area of 22.1 square miles (57.3 km2), of which 19.8 square miles (51.3 km2) was land and 2.3 square miles (6.0 km2), or 10.55%, was water, consisting primarily of the Patuxent River.
Aquasco is named for a nearby tract first surveyed and patented in 1650. The name is derived from the Native American name Aquascake. Located between Swanson's Creek and the Patuxent River, the community developed as an agricultural center for the production of tobacco. The main roads connecting the widely scattered tobacco plantations were established in the 18th century and, in the early 19th century, the village of Woodville began to form. It was named after the Wood family, early settlers of Aquasco. By mid-century, the village had a grist mill, several small stores, a tavern, blacksmith, school, post office, and Methodist and Episcopal churches.
Because of the number of plantations, the Freedmen's Bureau established a school at Woodville in 1867. The school later became home to John Wesley Methodist Episcopal Church. African Americans also worshiped at St. Mary's Episcopal Church, established in 1848 as a mission church of St. Paul's Parish Church, which later became St. Phillip's Episcopal Church.
The following is a list of historic sites in Aquasco identified by the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission:
|Site Name||Image||Location||M-NCPPC Inventory Number||Comment|
|1||Adams-Bowen House||16002 Dr. Bowen Rd.||87B-036-19|
|2||P.A. Bowen Farmstead||15701 Dr. Bowen Rd.||87B-036-20|
|3||William R. Barker House||22600 Aquasco Rd.||87B-036-14|
|4||Green Hill||19404 Aquasco Rd.||87A-011|
|5||Grimes House||22609 Aquasco Rd.||87B-036-16|
|6||John Wesley Methodist Episcopal Church Site and Cemetery||22919 Christ Church Road||87B-33||Historic church demolished.|
|7||St. Mary's Episcopal Church||22200 Saint Mary's Church Rd.||87B-036-37|
|8||St. Mary's Rectory||16305 Saint Mary's Church Rd.||87B-036-08||Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, September 10, 1987|
|9||St. Phillip's Episcopal Church Site and Cemetery||16100 St. Phillip's Church Road||87B-36-12||Historic church destroyed by fire in 1976.|
|10||Sunnyside||16005 Dr. Bowen Rd.||87B-036-21||Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, May 29, 1987|
|11||H.B.B. Trueman House||20218 Aquasco Rd.||87A-022|
|12||J.E. Turner House||16410 St. Mary’s Church Road||87B-036-05|
|13||Villa DeSales||22410 Aquasco Rd.||87B-036-13||Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, July 14, 1988|
|14||Wilson-Rawlings Farmstead||17109 Milltown Landing Road||87A-019|
|15||Wood House||22606 Aquasco Rd.||87B-036-15|
|16||Woodville School||21500 Aquasco Road||87B-34|
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Aquasco, Maryland
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Aquasco CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 15, 2011.
- M-NCPPC African-American Heritage Survey, October 1996: Properties Within or Closely Associated With Historic Communities (Prince George's County, Maryland), 1996.
- M-NCPPC Illustrated Inventory of Historic Sites (Prince George's County, Maryland), 2006.
- History of the Aquasco Speedway