Species of veterinary interest include:
- Anaplasma marginale and Anaplasma centrale in cattle
- Anaplasma mesaeterum and Anaplasma ovis in sheep and goats
Anaplasma phagocytophilum in dogs, cats and horses (also infects people)
The genomes from at least three different Anaplasma species have been sequenced. These genomes are about 1.1 to 1.2 MB in size and encode 925 to 1,335 proteins.
- Anaplasmas reviewed and published by WikiVet, accessed 10 October 2011.
- Anaplasma genomes in the JGI genome browser
- Anaplasma at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
- Anaplasma Genome Projects (from Genomes OnLine Database)
- Comparative Analysis of Anaplasma Genomes (at DOE's IMG system)