12 July 1910|
19 November 1973
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1929–45|
|Commands held||II./Grenadier-Regiment 31|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Alfred Simm (12 July 1910 – 19 November 1973) was a Major in the Wehrmacht during World War II, and one of only 882 recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Eastern Front Medal
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (15 May 1944)
- German Cross in Gold (21 November 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 326.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 84.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Ritterkreuztraeger 1939-1945