|Born||1962 (age 52–53)|
Academy Award for Best Costume Design
Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007)
BAFTA Award for Best Costume Design on Television
She has designed the costumes for twelve films in her career, earning Academy Award nominations for four of them—Elizabeth , the 2007 sequel Elizabeth: The Golden Age , Hamlet  and Finding Neverland ; and considerable acclaim for three others—Persuasion, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, and The Phantom of the Opera. She won the Academy Award for Elizabeth: The Golden Age. 
She was also nominated for the Tony Award in 1990 for Best Scenic Design for Some Americans Abroad.
She is married to actor Simon Shepherd with four children.
Academy Award Nominations
- Best Costume Design: Hamlet (1996) — nominated
- Best Costume Design: Elizabeth (1998) — nominated
- Best Costume Design: Finding Neverland (2004) — nominated
- Best Costume Design: Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007) — Won
- "BAFTA Awards (1996)".
- Alexandra Byrne at the Internet Movie Database