Academy of Management
|Headquarters||Briarcliff Manor, New York|
|Membership||>19,000 in over 115 countries|
|President||R. Duane Ireland|
The Academy of Management (AOM; the Academy) is a professors and managers to communicate research and ideas.
- Divisions 1
- Publications 2
- Conferences 3
- See also 4
- References 5
- External links 6
Upon registration, members of the Academy are granted memberships in two of its 25 divisions and interest groups; they may then pay an additional fee to join more. Each division focuses on certain aspect of management. each division has its own governing officers. Currently, these divisions and interest groups include:
- Business Policy & Strategy
- Conflict Management
- Critical Management Studies
- Gender & Diversity in Organizations
- Health Care Management
- Human Resources
- International Management
- Management Consulting
- Management Education & Development
- Management History
- Management Spirituality & Religion
- Managerial & Organizational Cognition
- Operations Management
- Organization & Management Theory
- Organization Development & Change
- Organizational Behavior
- Organizational Communication & Information Systems
- Organizations & The Natural Environment
- Public & Nonprofit
- Research Methods
- Social Issues in Management
- Strategizing Activities & Practices
- Technology & Innovation Management
The publications of the Academy include the following:
- Academy of Management Journal
- Academy of Management Review
- Academy of Management Perspectives (formerly Academy of Management Executive)
- Academy of Management Learning and Education
- Academy of Management Annals
- Academy of Management Discoveries
The first three journals were ranked in the top 40 business journals in the world in 2006 by the Financial Times.
The Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management draws more than 10,000 students, academics, scholars, and professionals in the scholarly management and organization space. It provides a forum for sharing research and expertise in all management disciplines through invited and competitive paper sessions, panels, symposia, workshops, speakers, and special programs for doctoral students.
The 75th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management will be held August 7-11, 2015, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Information about the Annual Meeting may be found at http://aom.org/annualmeeting/.
- Human resources development
- Human resource management
- Industrial and organizational psychology
- Industrial sociology
- "AOM History". Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "AoM Divisions and Interest Groups". Retrieved 2008-05-06.
- "FT Tope 40 Journals – 2006". Retrieved 2008-05-06.