ATN News Logo
|Launched||June 7, 2010|
|Owned by||Multimedia Production Company|
|Slogan||বাংলার ২৪ ঘণ্টা (24 hours of Bangla|
53, Kawranbazar C/A
Dhaka - 1215
ATN News is one of 24-hour news oriented television channels in Bangladesh. It is a sister concern of ATN Bangla, another satellite TV channel of the country. ATN News started its journey with the slogan বাংলার ২৪ ঘণ্টা (24 hours of Bangla).
The channel grew up with a band of devoted journalists of the country.
- D.Mahfuzur Rahman : Chairman
- Sharker Firoz: Adviser and CEO
- Munni Saha: Head of News
ATN News has some department for operation. Broadcast Engineering and Operation Department, News, Program Productions.
- Prime News (Bangla) at 08:00, 11:00, 20:00, 23:00
- News Hour (Bangla) at 06:00, 09:00, 12:00, 15:00, 18:00, 21:00, 24:00, 03:00
- News Now (Bangla) at 10:00, 16:00, 17:00, 22:00, 02:00, 05:00
- News Update (Bangla) at 14:20
- News Now (English) at 13:00, 01:00, 04:00
- News at Seven (English) at 19:00
- Breakfast News (English) at 07:00
Apart from regular news items, ATN News on every Friday and Saturday airs a set of special news stories on a particular topic to draw the attention of general people and the government.
Shows and programs
- Editorial: A talk show in English highlighting contemporary issues. The agendas of the show range from domestic to international affairs. The program airs live at 19:30 every Sunday (Bangladesh Standard Time) and repeats at 07:30 every Monday. Editorial spans around 20 minutes.
- Amader Kotha (আমাদের কথা): A show reflecting the view, opinion and reaction of general people on a particular topic of a day. Amader Kotha, spanning around 5–10 minutes, airs at 14:40 Sunday to Thursday every week.
- Anandaloke (আনন্দলোকে): A weekly program covering the cultural activities happening across the country. The 20-minute show is telecast at 19:30 every Friday.
- Around the World: A bulletin highlighting the international affairs. It covers political, social, cultural and interesting events happening around the world. The 15-minute long bulletin is broadcast at 16:20 every day.
- Biz Talk: A talk show on business affairs. The discussion mainly centres on capital market situation, banking sector, currency, trade and commerce, and other business issues. Biz Talk airs for around 40 minutes beginning at 13:15 on Sunday and Monday every week.
- Box Office:Box Office is a weekly entertainment show encompassing new release, upcoming, gossip, top movie chart, top music chart and other miscellaneous entertainment information. The 20-minute long show also gives information about world music and other sources of entertainment. Box Office airs at 19:30 Monday and repeats at 07:30 Tuesday.
- Connecting BD: A program through video conference making connection with general people on various issues. Connecting BD is broadcast at 17:15 on Fridays and lasts for around 35 minutes.
- Corporate: A fortnightly program focusing the corporate world and the professionals who achieved substantial success in different job arenas. The show airs at 20:30 on alternate Saturdays. Corporate spans nearly 20 minutes.
- Ei Banglai (এই বাংলায়): Travelling across the country, the 20-minute video journal projects the living of a particular area or the activities of any institution. The fortnightly program is telecast at 20:30 on alternate Saturdays. This Program is anchored by Munni Saha.
- Ekdin Protidin (একদিন প্রতিদিন): An interview show covering the daylong life of a personality. The broadcast airs at 20:30 every Thursday. Ekdin Protidin spans around 20 minutes.
- Follow Up: A follow-up program on a much-talked incident. The program airs every Monday at 20:30 and continues for around 20 minutes.
- News Hour Xtra: A talk show on the most talked issue of a day. The show is broadcast at 21:30 every day and continues for around 60 minutes.
- News Uncut: Filler item projecting detailed and barely edited version of video footage on different news topics. Each News Uncut spans roughly 3–5 minutes.
- Shopping Bag: A program providing necessary information on various products and services. The items range from car to clothes, furniture to handbags, and the like. Watch Shopping Bag at 14:30 on Fridays and Saturdays. It spans for 15 minutes.
- Sports Insight: Daily sports bulletin airing at 23:30. And repeat at 11:30am the next day. Sports Insight continues for roughly 20 minutes.
- Top of the Week: A 20-minute-long program that highlights the top news stories headlining bulletins throughout a week. Top of the Week airs at 19:30 on Sundays.
- Visual Diary: A video journal focusing a particular news agenda. The 20-minute program is telecast at 19:30 every Wednesday.
- Young Nite: A program on ATN News reflecting the views, opinion and life-style of young generation. Young Nite, continuing for 40 minutes, airs at 01:15 on Fridays, Sundays and Tuesdays.
- ATN News began its test transmission on May 1, 2010 and officially went on air on June 7, 2010.
- Ashfaque Munier Mishuk(1959–2011) joined ATN News as the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Editor in November, 2010. He continued working with the TV station till he died in a tragic road crash in Manikganj, Bangladesh on August 13, 2011.
- Noted Bangladeshi journalist Abed Khan resigned from his post as ATN News' CEO and chief editor on April 20, 2013.
- ATN Bangla
- Corporate media
- Telecom System in Bangladesh
- List of television stations in Bangladesh
- List of Bangladeshi TV and radio Channels