1993 Oakland Athletics season
The Oakland Athletics' 1993 season involved the A's finishing 7th in the American League West with a record of 68 wins and 94 losses. This began a long slump after losing the 1992 American League Championship Series to the Toronto Blue Jays.
- October 27, 1992: Jamie Quirk was released by the Athletics.
- November 17, 1992: Walt Weiss was traded by the Athletics to the Florida Marlins for Eric Helfand and a player to be named later. The Marlins completed the deal by sending Scott Baker to the Athletics on November 20.
- December 7, 1992: Rich Gossage was signed as a free agent by the Athletics.
- December 17, 1992: Ron Darling was signed as a free agent by the Athletics.
- January 21, 1993: Joe Boever was signed as a free agent by the Athletics.
- January 21, 1993: Dale Sveum was signed as a free agent by the Athletics.
- March 27, 1993: Mike Aldrete was signed as a free agent by the Athletics.
- June 3, 1993: 1993 Major League Baseball Draft
- June 17, 1993: Dale Sveum was released by the Athletics.
- July 17, 1993: Miguel Tejada was signed by the Athletics as an amateur free agent.
- July 31, 1993: Rickey Henderson was traded by the Athletics to the Toronto Blue Jays for Steve Karsay and a player to be named later. The Blue Jays completed the deal by sending José Herrera to the Athletics on August 6.
- August 15, 1993: Joe Boever was released by the Athletics.
|1993 Oakland Athletics|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
LEAGUE CHAMPIONS: AZL Athletics
- 1993 Oakland Athletics team page at Baseball Reference
- 1993 Oakland Athletics team page at www.baseball-almanac.com
|This article relating to an Oakland Athletics season is a stub. You can help World Heritage Encyclopedia by expanding it.|