1990 San Diego Padres season
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Player stats
- 4 Award winners
- 5 Farm system
- 6 References
- 7 External links
- November 16, 1989: Don Schulze was released by the Padres.
- December 6, 1989: Fred Lynn was signed as a free agent by the Padres.
- December 6, 1989: Sandy Alomar, Jr., Carlos Baerga and Chris James were traded by the Padres to the Cleveland Indians for Joe Carter.
- December 12, 1989: Craig Lefferts was signed by the Padres as a free agent.
- January 11, 1990: Ronn Reynolds was signed as a Free Agent with the San Diego Padres. 
- February 27, 1990: Omar Olivares was traded by the Padres to the St. Louis Cardinals for Alex Cole and Steve Peters.
- Joe Carter set a club record for most RBIs in a season.
- July 25, 1990: Roseanne Barr performed a controversial rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner" before a game against the Cincinnati Reds. As she later reported, she was initially having trouble hearing herself over the public-address system, so she was singing as loudly as possible, and her rendition of the song sounded "screechy". Following her rendition, she mimicked the often-seen actions of players by spitting and grabbing her crotch as if adjusting a protective cup. Barr claimed she had been encouraged by baseball officials to "bring humor to the song". The song and the closing routine offended many in the audience, and it was replayed frequently on television, drawing further attention to it.
Opening Day starters
- Roberto Alomar
- Joe Carter
- Jack Clark
- Tony Gwynn
- Fred Lynn
- Bip Roberts
- Benito Santiago
- Eric Show
- Garry Templeton 
|Los Angeles Dodgers||86||76||5.0||.531|
|San Francisco Giants||85||77||6.0||.525|
|San Diego Padres||75||87||16.0||.463|
- June 4, 1990: 1990 Major League Baseball Draft
- July 11, 1990: Alex Cole was traded by the Padres to the Cleveland Indians for Tom Lampkin.
- July 12, 1990: Mark Grant was traded by the Padres to the Atlanta Braves for Derek Lilliquist.
- August 24, 1990: Atlee Hammaker was signed as a free agent by the Padres.
|1990 San Diego Padres|
|= Indicates team leader|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
|Greg W. Harris||73||117.1||8||8||9||2.30||97|
- Joe Carter, National League Leader in At-Bats (634)
- Jack Clark, National League Leader Walks (104)
- Bruce Hurst, National League Leader Shutouts (4)
|AAA||Las Vegas Stars||Pacific Coast League||Pat Kelly|
|AA||Wichita Wranglers||Texas League||Steve Lubratich|
|A||Riverside Red Wave||California League||Bruce Bochy|
|A||Waterloo Diamonds||Midwest League||Bryan Little|
|A||Charleston Rainbows||South Atlantic League||Jack Krol|
|Short-Season A||Spokane Indians||Northwest League||Gene Glynn|
|Rookie||AZL Padres||Arizona League||Jaime Moreno|
- 1990 San Diego Padres team page at Baseball Reference
- 1990 San Diego Padres team page at Baseball Almanac