8 December 1878|
9 February 1944
German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1898–1944|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Walter Heitz (8 December 1878 – 9 February 1944) was a German Generaloberst, serving during World War II. Heitz commanded the VIII. Armeekorps on the Eastern Front. Heitz died of cancer on 9 February 1944 while in Soviet captivity.
Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
Wound Badge (1918)
- in Black
- Hanseatic Cross of Hamburg
- Knight's Cross of the House Order of Hohenzollern with Swords
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Wehrmacht Long Service Award 4th with 1st class
Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (10 October 1939)
- 1st Class (19 May 1940)
- Eastern Front Medal
- German Cross in Gold (22 April 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- This article incorporates information from the revision as of 24 November 2009 of the equivalent article on the Deutsch WorldHeritage.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 378.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 220.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 63.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag.
- Walter Heitz @ Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Walter Heitz @ Generals.dk
General der Infanterie Ernst Busch
Commander of VIII. Armeekorps
25 October 1939 – 31 January 1943
General der Infanterie Gustav Höhne