|Venue||Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky|
|Sponsor||Royal Dutch Shell / Advance Auto Parts|
|Distance||400.5 miles (644.542 km)|
|Previous names||Quaker State 400 (2011–2012)|
The Quaker State 400 Presented by Advance Auto Parts is a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race held at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky, United States over 400.5 miles (644.542 km). The inaugural event was held on July 9, 2011 and was won by Kyle Busch.
The event eventuated following a lawsuit in which Kentucky Speedway claimed NASCAR had violated federal antitrust laws in 2005. In 2008 the speedway was sold to Bruton Smith, hoping that the track could hold a race by 2011, and after four years the former speedway owners abandoned the lawsuit. In August 2010 NASCAR announced that the track could hold a Sprint Cup Series event in 2011. Seven months later Royal Dutch Shell's Quaker State brand was announced as sponsor, and the 267 lap race held on July 9, was won by Kyle Busch. The race was plagued by a massive traffic problem where many of the fans who expected to attend the race were turned away after several hours on Interstate 71. Following the problem, Kentucky Speedway announced that they bought more land for parking and began to work with the state government to improve traffic around the speedway in time for the 2012 race.
|Year||Date||Driver||Team||Manufacturer||Race Distance||Race Time||
|2011||July 9||Kyle Busch||Joe Gibbs Racing||Toyota||267||400.5 (644.542)||2:55:00||137.314||Report|
|2012||June 30||Brad Keselowski||Penske Racing||Dodge||267||400.5 (644.542)||2:45:02||145.607||Report|
|2013||June 30*||Matt Kenseth||Joe Gibbs Racing||Toyota||267||400.5 (644.542)||3:02:07||131.948||Report|
|2014||June 28||Brad Keselowski||Team Penske||Ford||267||400.5 (644.542)||2:51:59||139.723||Report|
2013: Race postponed from Saturday night to Sunday afternoon because of rain.
Multiple winners (drivers)
|# Wins||Team||Years Won|
|2||Brad Keselowski||2012, 2014|
Multiple winners (teams)
|# Wins||Team||Years Won|
|2||Joe Gibbs Racing||2011, 2013|
|2||Penske Racing/Team Penske||2012, 2014|
|# Wins||Manufacturer||Years Won|
- "Former Kentucky Speedway owners abandon NASCAR lawsuit – ESPN". Sports.espn.go.com. 2009-12-18. Retrieved 2011-03-06.
- "Kentucky Speedway Announces 2011 Sprint Cup Race – Sports News Story – WLWT Cincinnati". Wlwt.com. 2010-08-10. Retrieved 2011-03-06.
- "News". Kentucky Speedway. Retrieved 2011-03-06.
- Jensen, Tom. What now, Kentucky?. Speed, 2011-07-10.
- Hembree, Mike. Kentucky Speedway To Add Parking Area. Speed, 2011-07-10.
- Kentucky Speedway apologizes to fans. Speedway Motorsports, 2011-07-11.
- Blount, Terry. Kentucky Speedway gets a mulligan. ESPN, 2011-07-12.
Coke Zero 400
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Quaker State 400
Camping World RV Sales 301