College of Engineering, Cherthala
|Govt. College of Engineering, Cherthala|
|Principal||Prof.Dr. P Sureshkumar|
|Location||Pallippuram, Cherthala, Kerala, India|
The Govt. College of Engineering, Cherthala (Malayalam: കോളേജ് ഓഫ് എഞ്ചിനീയറിംഗ്, ചേര്ത്തല ) is an engineering college in the state of Kerala, India, established in 2004, under the propitious of the Institute of Human Resources Development (IHRD)  and is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi. The college is affiliated to Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi.
The college is located at Pallippuram, close to the heart of Cherthala, is sufficiently removed from the hustle and bustle to provide a serene environment for higher learning. The college is surrounded by vegetation and greenery providing a panoramic view of the Vembanadu lake and is close to the newly set up InfoPark Smart Space at Pallippuram
Two year postgraduate M.Tech course in:
- Electronics Engineering (Signal Processing) - 18 seats (from academic year 2011-12)
Four-year B.Tech. degrees in:
- Computer Science and Engineering (formerly, Computer Engineering)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (formerly, Electronics Engineering)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (formerly,Electrical Engineering)
- Undergraduate programmes
The admission for both the merit quota and management quota is purely based on the rank secured in the All Kerala Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Govt. of Kerala. The difference between the merit quota and management quota is in the amount of fees that have to be paid by the candidates. 15% of the seats are reserved for NRIs; the admission is based on the merit in the qualifying examination.
- Post graduate programmes
Through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering exam administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and the Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
CEC has an annual intake of 180 students (+10% lateral entry students) through Government allotment, divided among the two branches as follows:
- Computer Science and Engineering: 90 (+10% lateral entry students)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: 90 (+10% lateral entry students)
The members of the College Senate are elected by and from the students of the college. The College Senate consists of elected representatives from each class and lady representatives from each year. The College Senate has an executive committee consisting of Chairman, Vice-Chairman, General Secretary, Treasurer, Editor, Sports Club Secretary and Arts Club Secretary. The tenure of office of the College Senate is one academic year. The objective of the Senate is to train the students in the responsibilities of citizenship, to promote opportunities for development of character among students, to organize debates, seminars and tours and to encourage educational and social activities.
Technical and non-technical organizations
- Nature Club
- Arts and Sport club
The Placement cell functioning in the campus dedicates itself to help students establish their career. The cell is a perfect blend of faculty and students. Companies are invited to the College to recruit final year students.
- By road : 30km from the Ernakulam City, take diversion from Aroor Temple Junction to Pallipuram
or 7km from Cherthala Town; Just take the Cherthala - Pallipuram - Arukutty route.
- By rail : The College is just 8km from Cherthala Railway station, the only railway station in Kerala facing the NH 47.
Spare 12 min by Ferry through Vembanadu lake from Vaikom Ferry, you are just walkable distance afar from the campus.
Cochin International Airport, Nedumbassery is just 60 km in the north direction from the College.
- Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Institute of Human Resources Development
- List of Engineering Colleges in Kerala
- "Institute of Human Resources Development (IHRD), Kerala".
- "All India Council for Technical Education".
- "Infopark Smart Space, Cherthala".
- "Official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Exams, Kerala".
- "gate 2012".
- College website
- official blog
- Cochin University of Science And Technology official website
- The Institute of Human Resource Development Kerala official website