25th Annual Grammy Awards
|25th Annual Grammy Awards|
|Date||February 23, 1983|
|Location||Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles|
- Blues 1.1
- Children's 1.2
- Classical 1.3
- Comedy 1.4
- Composing and arranging 1.5
- Country 1.6
- Folk 1.7
- Gospel 1.8
- Historical 1.9
- Jazz 1.10
- Latin 1.11
- Musical show 1.12
- Music video 1.13
- Packaging and notes 1.14
- Pop 1.15
- Production and engineering 1.16
- R&B 1.17
- Rock 1.18
- Spoken 1.19
- References 2
- External links 3
- Song of the Year
- Best Recording for Children
- Best Orchestral Performance
- Best Classical Vocal Soloist Performance
- Best Opera Recording
- Best Choral Performance (other than opera)
- Best Classical Performance, Instrumental Soloist (with orchestra)
- Best Classical Performance, Instrumental Soloist (without orchestra)
- Best Chamber Music Performance
- Best Classical Album
Composing and arranging
Best Instrumental Composition
- John Williams (composer) for "Flying - Theme From E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial"
Best Album of Original Score Written for a Motion Picture or Television Special
- John Williams (composer) for E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
Best Arrangement on an Instrumental Recording
- John Williams (arranger) for "Flying - Theme From E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial"
- Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocal(s)
- Best Vocal Arrangement for Two or More Voices
Best Country Vocal Performance, Female
- Juice Newton for "Break It to Me Gently"
Best Country Vocal Performance, Male
- Willie Nelson for "Always on My Mind"
Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
- Alabama for Mountain Music
Best Country Instrumental Performance
- Roy Clark for "Alabama Jubilee"
- Best Country Song
Best Ethnic or Traditional Folk Recording
- Queen Ida for Queen Ida & the Bon Temps Zydeco Band on Tour
Best Gospel Performance, Traditional
- Blackwood Brothers for I'm Following You
Best Gospel Performance, Contemporary
- Amy Grant for Age to Age
Best Soul Gospel Performance, Traditional
- Al Green for Precious Lord
Best Soul Gospel Performance, Contemporary
- Al Green for Higher Plane
Best Inspirational Performance
- Barbara Mandrell for He Set My Life to Music
- Best Historical Album
- Best Jazz Vocal Performance, Female
Best Jazz Vocal Performance, Male
- An Evening with George Shearing & Mel Tormé
Best Jazz Vocal Performance, Duo or Group
- The Manhattan Transfer for "Route 66"
Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Soloist
- Miles Davis for We Want Miles
Best Instrumental Jazz Performance, Group
- Phil Woods for "More" Live
- Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Big Band
Best Jazz Fusion Performance, Vocal or Instrumental
- Pat Metheny Group for Offramp
- Best Cast Show Album
Packaging and notes
- Best Album Package
- Best Album Notes
- Best Pop Vocal Performance, Female
- Best Pop Vocal Performance, Male
- Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
- Best Pop Instrumental Performance
Production and engineering
- Best Engineered Recording, Non-Classical
- Best Classical Engineered Recording
- Producer of the Year
- Classical Producer of the Year
Best R&B Vocal Performance, Female
- Jennifer Holliday for "And I Am Telling You (I'm Not Going)"
Best R&B Vocal Performance, Male
- Marvin Gaye for "Sexual Healing"
- Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
Best R&B Instrumental Performance
- Marvin Gaye for "Sexual Healing (Instrumental Version)"
Best Rhythm & Blues Song
- George Benson
Best Rock Vocal Performance, Female
- Pat Benatar for "Shadows of the Night "
Best Rock Vocal Performance, Male
- John Cougar Mellencamp for "Hurts So Good"
Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
- Survivor for "Eye of the Tiger "
Best Rock Instrumental Performance
- A Flock of Seagulls for "D.N.A."
Best Spoken Word, Documentary or Drama Recording
- Tom Voegeli (producer) for Raiders of the Lost Ark - The Movie on Record performed by various artists
- "Toto strikes it big as soft-rock musicians win 7 Grammys". The Milwaukee Journal. 24 February 1983. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "1982 Grammy Award Winners". Grammy.com. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- 25th Grammy Awards at the Internet Movie Database