2001 Oakland Athletics season
The Oakland Athletics' 2001 season involved the A's finishing 2nd in the American League West with a record of 102 wins and 60 losses. Their 102 wins is the most wins ever by a team that won the Wild Card.
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Postseason
- 4 Player stats
- 5 Awards and records
- 6 Farm system
- 7 References
- November 17, 2000: Randy Velarde was traded by the Athletics to the Texas Rangers for Aaron Harang and Ryan Cullen (minors).
- January 8, 2001: Ben Grieve was traded by the Athletics to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, and Ángel Berroa and A. J. Hinch were traded by the Athletics to the Kansas City Royals as part of a three-team trade. The Royals sent Johnny Damon and Mark Ellis to the Athletics, and the Devil Rays sent Cory Lidle to the Athletics. The Devil Rays sent Roberto Hernández to the Royals.
- June 5, 2001: 2001 Major League Baseball Draft
- July 25, 2001: José Ortiz, Todd Belitz and Mario Encarnación were traded by the Athletics to the Colorado Rockies for Jermaine Dye.
|2001 Oakland Athletics|
The A's lost 3-2 to the New York Yankees in the 2001 American League Division Series.
Starters by position
Note: Pos = position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
Awards and records
|AAA||Sacramento RiverCats||Pacific Coast League||Bob Geren|
|AA||Midland RockHounds||Texas League||Tony DeFrancesco|
|A||Modesto A's||California League||Greg Sparks|
|A||Visalia Oaks||California League||Juan Navarrete|
|Short-Season A||Vancouver Canadians||Northwest League||Webster Garrison|
|Rookie||AZL Athletics||Arizona League||Ricky Nelson|
LEAGUE CHAMPIONS: AZL Athletics
- 2001 Oakland Athletics team page at Baseball Reference
- 2001 Oakland Athletics team page at www.baseball-almanac.com
|AL Wild Card
| Succeeded by|
|This article relating to an Oakland Athletics season is a stub. You can help World Heritage Encyclopedia by expanding it.|