1995 Boston Red Sox season
The 1995 Boston Red Sox season was a season in American baseball. It involved the Red Sox finishing 1st in the American League East with a record of 86 wins and 58 losses. All teams played 144 games in 1995 instead of the normal 162 as a consequence of the 1994 Major League Baseball strike.
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Player stats
- 4 ALDS
- 5 Farm system
- 6 Awards and records
- 7 References
- November 7, 1994: Bill Haselman was signed as a free agent by the Red Sox.
- November 7, 1994: Juan Bell was signed as a free agent by the Red Sox.
- December 9, 1994: Otis Nixon and Luis Ortiz were traded by the Red Sox to the Texas Rangers for José Canseco.
|Boston Red Sox||86||58||.597||--|
|New York Yankees *||78||65||.549||7.0|
|Toronto Blue Jays||56||88||.389||30.0|
- April 9, 1995: Stan Belinda was signed as a free agent by the Red Sox.
- April 9, 1995: Cory Bailey and Scott Cooper were traded by the Red Sox to the St. Louis Cardinals for Mark Whiten and Rheal Cormier.
- April 9, 1995: Reggie Jefferson was signed as a free agent by the Red Sox.
- April 18, 1995: Zane Smith was signed as a free agent by the Red Sox.
- April 26, 1995: Tim Wakefield was signed as a free agent by the Red Sox.
- May 26, 1995: Tuffy Rhodes was selected off waivers by the Red Sox from the Chicago Cubs.
- June 1, 1995: Pat Burrell was drafted by the Red Sox in the 43rd round of the 1995 Major League Baseball Draft, but did not sign.
- June 6, 1995: Willie McGee was signed as a free agent by the Red Sox.
- July 24, 1995: Mark Whiten was traded by the Red Sox to the Philadelphia Phillies for Dave Hollins.
- July 26, 1995: Wally Whitehurst was released by the Red Sox.
- July 31, 1995: The Red Sox traded players to be named later to the Atlanta Braves for Mike Stanton and a player to be named later. The trade was completed on August 31, when the Braves sent Matt Murray to the Red Sox, and the Red Sox sent Mike Jacobs (minors) and Marc Lewis (minors) to the Braves.
Opening Day Line Up
|1995 Boston Red Sox|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
Note: G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
|1||Boston 4, Cleveland 5||October 3, 1995|
|2||Boston 0, Cleveland 4||October 4, 1995|
|3||Cleveland 8, Boston 2||October 6, 1995|
Awards and records
- Mo Vaughn, Silver Slugger Award
- Mo Vaughn, AL MVP
- 1995 Boston Red Sox team page at Baseball Reference
- 1995 Boston Red Sox season at baseball-almanac.com
New York Yankees
|AL East Championship Season
| Succeeded by|
New York Yankees