|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
Cube Entertainment (South Korea)
Far Eastern Tribe Records (Japan) (2010–2013)
Universal Music Group (International)
|Associated acts||2YOON, Trouble Maker, Beast, G.NA|
4Minute (Korean: 포미닛) is a five-member South Korean girl group formed in 2009 by Cube Entertainment with music singles and albums released primarily in South Korea and Japan. The members of the group are Nam Ji-hyun, Heo Ga-yoon, Jeon Ji-yoon, Kim Hyun-a, and Kwon So-hyun. The group debuted in June 2009 with its first single, "Hot Issue", and in December 2010, it released its first Japanese album, Diamond. In 2011, the group released its first Korean full length album, 4Minutes Left.
The group received the Bonsang Award at the 20th Seoul Music Awards, and the Kpop New Artist Award at the 2010 Billboard Japan Music Awards.
- 1 History
- 2 Members
- 3 Subgroups
- 4 Discography
- 5 Filmography
- 6 Endorsements
- 7 Awards
- 8 Notes
- 9 References
- 10 External links
2009: Debut, For Muzik
On May 14, Cube Entertainment announced the formation of a five-member girl group, called 4Minute, and revealed that its first member would be former Wonder Girls member Kim Hyun-a. Prior to the official announcement, the group was unofficially called the "Hyuna group". The next member, Nam Ji-hyun, was revealed on May 22. The group's official website was launched on June 11 with a silhouette teaser video. and the remaining members were announced the following day.
4Minute released its first single, "Hot Issue", on June 15, and debuted on June 18. On June 21, the group's van was raided by fans, who stole clothing and other items. Cube Entertainment said, "It was very unfortunate that such an ordeal occurred."
On August 27, South Korean radio and television network KBS banned the playing of "Won't Give You (안줄래)" for what they considered to be overly sexual lyrical content. The lyrics in question, in the style of a first-person narrative, express an unwillingness on the part of the subject to "give" herself or her heart to her partner. Cube Entertainment responded to the ban by stating that the song was intended to be "about the pure feelings of a girl to a guy" and that they were very disappointed by the decision. On October 15, the single "What a Girl Wants" was released.
On December 2, 4Minute, with Korean singers Mario and Amen, released the Christmas song "Jingle Jingle". The group recorded a remix with American artist Amerie for her song "Heard 'em All" which was part of the Asian version of her fourth album. The song featured Korean rapper Jun Hyung of label mate Beast.
2010: Hit Your Heart, Diamond
On January 5, 2010, it was announced that the Universal Music Group would be assisting 4Minute with an international launch of its album. The group toured Taiwan, Philippines, Thailand, and Hong Kong On May 5, the group debuted "Muzik" as a Japanese single, and on May 8, held its first concert in Japan. The single reached number 21 on the Oricon weekly singles chart.
On May 19, 4Minute released a mini-album entitled Hit Your Heart, and its title track "HuH". The single featured fellow label mates Beast, who rapped during song "Who's Next?." "HuH" peaked at number 3 on the Gaon Singles Chart. On May 24, South Korean FM station "Voice of Freedom" included the "Huh" song in its propaganda broadcasts to North Korea
On July 5, the group released the music video for "I My Me Mine", which was the second single from Hit Your Heart. On July 19, the song "Superstar" was digitally released for the Korean TV show Superstar K2. The group performed for Celebration at Marina, one of the line-up activities for the Singapore Youth Olympic Games 2010 On July 30, the Japanese version of "I My Me Mine" was released,
On October 12, the third Japanese single and first double single, titled "First/Dreams Come True" was released on YouTube. On October 27, the song was released. In December, 4Minute held Japanese concerts 4Minute Energy Live Volume 2: Diamond in Tokyo and Osaka. Its Japanese album Diamond was released on December 15 and debuted at the number 18 on the Oricon chart.
2011: 4Minutes Left
On January 13, the group performed at the DiGi Live K-Pop Party 2011 in Malaysia at Stadium Negara with Beast and G.NA. On January 20, the group received a Bonsang Award at the 20th Seoul Music Awards. In February 2011, the group received the Kpop New Artist Award for 2010 at the Billboard Japan Music Awards. On February 23, the group modeled for bridal designer Yumi Katsura at her 2011 Paris Grand Collection Tokyo Fashion Show held in Tokyo’s Ryōgoku Kokugikan, where the group performed songs "Muzik" and "Why". On March 12, the group performed at the 50th Anniversary Music Wave Concert in Thailand.
Its fourth Japanese single, "Why" was released as the theme song to the TV Asahi drama, Akutō: Jūhanzai Sōsahan. The music video was released in February, followed by a single release in March 9. "Heart to Heart" was released as a music video on March 29, and starred CN Blue's Jungshin.
On March 29, the digital-only mini-album Heart to Heart was released. On April 5, 4Minute released the Korean album, 4Minutes Left. The music video for "Mirror Mirror" was released on the same day. The album includes "Mirror Mirror", and songs from Heart to Heart and Diamond.[note 1] Because of the song's provocative spread leg choreography; music producers demanded that "Mirror Mirror" be changed or the group could not perform the song on their shows. As a response, 4Minute changed the song's choreography, starting with the performance on M! Countdown on April 14. The song reached number two on the Gaon Chart.
4Minute collaborated with Japanese singer Thelma Aoyama for her single, "Without U", which has both Japanese and English versions. Hyuna was featured in SS501's Heo Young-saeng's title track from his first solo mini album, Let It Go. On July 5, Hyun-a released a solo mini album, Bubble Pop! and the music video for the title track, Bubble Pop. Although the performances for Bubble Pop the song was concluded prematurely due to Korea Communications Commission review committee, the music video was a viral hit, gaining 10 million views on YouTube as of August 2011. On August 3, the music video Freestyle was released as an endorsement track for the video game company JCE
On August 15, 4Minute posted the music video for the Japanese version "Heart to Heart". On September 7, the group released "Heart to Heart" as its fifth Japanese single, which ranked 15 on Oricon Daily Singles chart. The group also released its first DVD, Emerald of 4 Minute, which ranked second on the Oricon Daily DVD Chart. In October, the TV Tokyo drama "Welcome to the El-Palacio" featured 4Minute's newest song, "Ready Go", as its opener. On December 6, "Ready Go" was later released as the sixth Japanese single.
2012: Volume Up
On April 9, 4Minute released the mini-album Volume Up, along with its title track Volume Up and music video. Volume Up (album) reached number one on the Gaon Weekly Album Chart,. The title single Volume Up reached two on the Gaon Singles and number one on M! Countdown. On August 22, 4Minute released its seventh Japanese single "Love Tension", which featured a Japanese version of "Volume Up". Hyun-a became famous for her role in the "Gangnam Style" music video. On October 13, 4Minute performed at KCON 2012 at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Irvine, California. On December 4, 4Minute released the song "Welcome to The School" for the KBS TV series School 2013.
2013: Name Is 4Minute
On April 26, 4Minute released the fourth mini-album Name is 4Minute and the single "What's Your Name?", which was produced by Brave Brothers. Promotion for the single and album involved a set of teaser images where the members were decorated in fantasy-inspired sets and neon tones. In the fourth week of May, the song reached number one on the Gaon Single Chart, making it the group's first chart topper for Gaon. On the June 1 edition, the single reached number one on the Billboard K-pop Hot 100.
On June 28, 4Minute released the summer single "Is It Poppin'?", also written and produced by Brave Brothers. In an interview with Newsen, a Cube Entertainment spokesperson said that the song was "neither a sexy or charismatic concept, but a cute concept – a hip hop dance song that goes well with the summer feel." Its Korean title "물 좋아?" (romanized: Mul Joha?, lit. "How's the Water?"), is a slang phrase that men use to ask if the girls in a club are hot. Allkpop describes the song as a hip hop dance track about a girl who's upset with her boyfriend who loves to party. The song topped five local charts including MWave.
In September, 4Minute finished its contract with Universal Music Japan, and shut down the group's Japanese official website as well as its fanclub site, 4Nia Japan.
2014–present: 4Minute World
On January 20, 2014, Brave Brothers released the single "Only Gained Weight" which featured 4Minute members Hyuna, Gayoon and Sohyun; the song reached number five on the Melon chart and Gaon.
On March 7, Cube announced that the group's fifth mini-album 4Minute World would be released on March 17. Cube Entertainment released a group teaser picture. The teaser image shows the girls posing for a group hug in front of what seems to be a carousel at a theme park.
On March 8, the lead single was confirmed to be “What Are You Doing Today?”. Cube Entertainment's Soundcloud page uploaded clips of each of the members asking someone if they are free today and if they'd be willing to go out for a cup of coffee, hang out, go on a date, or go see a movie.
On March 10, Cube announced that they'll release a week-long diary series featuring images of the group partaking in daily activities, with the first diary entry being released on the day. These images show the girls eating in a pub. The second diary entry showed the girls enjoying themselves at Han River. The third had the girls dressed in various printed pajamas, while the fourth showed them gathered together for a photo sticker booth. The fifth day they spent at an amusement park. The lead single video was released on March 16 under the title "오늘 뭐해 (Whatcha Doin' Today)" and the full mini album was released on March 17.
The group has been promoting the song on various Korean music shows along with the track "Wait A Minute". The shows included KBS's Music Bank, MBC's Show! Music Core, SBS's Inkigayo and Mnet's M! Countdown from March 20–23. The single became the group's first single to debut at number 1 in Korea. On March 30, 4Minute won against 2NE1 and Girls' Generation on Inkigayo. And on April 3, they also won on M! Countdown which took place at Japan.
On October 17, when 4Minute performed for a local festival in Seongnam, south of Seoul in South Korea, at least 16 people were killed and 11 injured in an accident where a ventilation grate that people were standing on collapsed.
On October 28, 4Minute was chosen as one of the 10 winners of "Style Icon Awards" for their trendy, stylish, and influential fashion the year 2014. They performed their hits "What's Your Name?" and "오늘 뭐해 (Whatcha Doin' Today)".
|Stage name||Birth name||Date of Birth||Position|
|Ji Hyun||지현||Nam Ji Hyun||남지현||January 9, 1990||Lead Vocalist|
|Ga Yoon||가윤||Heo Ga Yoon||허가윤||May 18, 1990||Vocalist|
|Ji Yoon||지윤||Jeon Ji Yoon||전지윤||October 15, 1990||Vocalist|
|Hyun A||현아||Kim Hyun Ah||김현아||June 6, 1992||Rapper|
|So Hyun||소현||Kwon So Hyun||권소현||August 30, 1994||Vocalist|
Plans for the sub-unit 2YOON (composing of Gayoon and Jiyoon) were announced in late 2012.  On January 17, 2013, 2YOON released the album, Harvest Moon, along with the music video for its lead single, "24/7". 2YOON held their debut stage on January 17 at M! Countdown.
|2009||Dasarang Chicken (다사랑치킨)||TV and print ads|||
|Sony Walkman||4Minute designed pouches given out for free with purchase|||
|2010||Ariul Cosmetic (아리얼)||4Minute was chosen to advertise 'youthful vivacity'|||
|Shoe Marker (슈마커)||Combined the brand's 'trendiness' with 4Minute's uniqueness|||
|Scotch Puree (Thailand)|||
|2011||Freestyle||Correspond with the single Freestyle; 4Minute members downloadable as characters|||
|2012||Samsung Galaxy S III||"Win the Day" support single for the 2012 Olympics featuring various K-pop stars.|||
|Samsung Galaxy La’Fleur Collection||SEA ambassador endorsement|||
|2013||Talent Cosmetics (탈렌트 화장품)|||
|Nexon Sudden Attack||In-game characters voiced by 4minute members|||
|Shak King||Created an endorsement dance for the song What's Your Name|||
Because the Heart to Heart tracks were put on the release of the full album 4minutes Left a week later, Heart to Heart is not counted as a mini-album, Cube Entertainment instead labeled Volume Up to be the group's third mini-album, and Name is 4Minute to be the fourth mini-album. Sources:
- "'"4minute releases eclectic 3rd mini-album 'Volume Up. Allkpop. 6Theory Media. 2012-04-08. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- Benjamin, Jeff (2013-04-18). "4minute Announces 4th Mini-Album With Electric Concept Photos". Billboard. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- "KBS World – 4minute". KBS World. Retrieved August 27, 2012.
- Gil (길), Hyeah-Sung (혜성) (May 14, 2009). 현아그룹', 5인조 '4Minute'로 팀명 확정..6월 데뷔" [Hyun-a group', team name confirmed as 5 member '4Minute'... debut on June]'". Star News (in Korean). Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- Rhu (류), Myung-June (명준) (May 14, 2009). '원더걸스' 전 멤버 현아, 그룹 '포미닛'으로 활동 재개 ['Wondergirls' previous member Hyun-a, restart activities in the group '4Minute'].
- ‘현아 그룹‘ 새 멤버 남지현 공개 ['Hyun-a group' new member Nam Ji-hyun revealed].
- Kim (김), Myung-Shin (명신) (June 11, 2009). '현아그룹' 포미닛, 멤버 실루엣 공개! ['Hyun-a Group' 4Minute, member silhouettes revealed!].
- Kim (김), Si-Eun (시은) (June 12, 2009). '포미닛' 얼굴 첫 공개, 드디어 베일 벗다 ['4Minute' first reveal of faces, finally take of veils]. Hankyung.com (in Korean). Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- "Which Korean Girl Group will dominate in 2009?".
- "4minute celebrate their 4-year anniversary with messages for fans". Allkpop (6Theory Media). June 19, 2013. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- 포미닛, 차량 파손 및 소지품 도난 사고 당해 [4minute, Victim of Theft from Vehicle]. TodayKorea (in Korean). June 22, 2009. Retrieved June 23, 2009.
- Kim (김), Myung-Shin (명신) (August 18, 2009). 포미닛, 멤버 전지윤 얼굴 전격 공개…"예쁘게 생겼네!" [4Minute, member Jeon Ji-yoon face revealed... "looks pretty!"]. Hankyung.com (in Korean). Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- "4minute Captures First Inkigayo Mutizen". Allkpop (6Theory Media). September 27, 2009. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- Poole, Robert Michael (April 30, 2010). "Only got 4Minutes to take the world".
- "'"포미닛 '안 줄래', KBS서 방송 '빨간불.
- Lee (이), Un-huk (언헉) (October 16, 2009). 포미닛, 후속곡 ‘왓어걸원츠’ 어떨까? 깜찍스쿨룩 ’눈에띄네’ [4Minute, how's the following song 'What a Girl Wants?' cute school look 'catchy to the eyes']. Newsen (in Korean). Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- Kim (김), Won-Gyung (원경) (December 2, 2009). "4Minute Mario, releases winter song 'Jingle Jingle".
- "4minute's OFFICIAL "Jingle Jingle" MV released!". Allkpop (6Theory Media). December 4, 2009. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- "Amerie, 4minute & BEAST's "Heard 'Em All" released!". Allkpop (6Theory Media). February 18, 2010. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- "에이머리(Amerie)와 포미닛, 새 앨범서 환상 호흡!".
- Lee (이), Eun-Jung (은정) (January 5, 2010). "4Minute.BEAST, international launch through Universal".
- "4minute heading for Japan this weekend". Allkpop (6Theory Media). March 4, 2010. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- Lee (이), Tae-Moon (태문) (May 9, 2010). 日 데뷔 포미닛 첫 단독 라이브 [Japanese debut 4Minute first solo live]. Yonhap (in Korean). Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- Seo (서), Ju-Young (주영) (June 13, 2010). "[서주영 기자의 WHY?] 걸그룹 일본 진출 러시" [[Seo Ju-Young Reporter's WHY?] Girlgroup Japan launch rush] (in Korean). Sportschosun.com. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- "4minute releases Huh (Hit Your Heart) MV". Allkpop (6Theory Media). May 19, 2010. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- Bak (백), Ji-Eun (지은) (May 27, 2010). 포미닛, 핏얼반룩 담은 스패셜 미니앨범 2집 출시 [4Minute, release special second mini-album filled with pitulban look] (in Korean). Sportschosun.com. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- "Wonder Girls celebrates 2nd win on Gaon charts with "2DT" – 아시아경제". June 3, 2010. Retrieved June 4, 2010.
- Lim, Bomi (May 25, 2010). "S. Korea Renews Propaganda With Pop Song, Eating Advice". Bloomberg. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- Huh (허), Min-Nyung (민녕) (July 7, 2010). 걸그룹 3인방 ‘포·카·소’ …"日낼거야" [3-people girl group 'Po.Ka.So'... "will release in Japan"] (in Korean). donga.com. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- "포미닛 ‘슈퍼스타’ Mnet ‘슈퍼스타K’ 타이틀 송 선정" (in Korean). Joinsmsn.com. July 19, 2010. Retrieved July 19, 2010.
- "Celebration @ Marina".
- "4minute releases I My Me Mine Japanese single!". Allkpop (6Theory Media). July 30, 2010. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- Shin (신), Na-Young (나영) (August 31, 2013). "도약하는 큐브엔터테인먼트, 글로벌 K-POP신화를 꿈꾼다" [Jumping Cube Entertainment, dreams of a global k-pop legend] (in Korean). Wstarnews. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
- "4minute releases 3rd Japanese single tracklist and cover jackets!". Allkpop (6Theory Media). October 1, 2010. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- Lee, Jae Hoon (December 15, 2010). "'"포미닛, 일본에서 판냈어요 '다이아몬드. Newsis. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- "Cube Entertainment artists complete a successful Hallyu concert in Malaysia". Allkpop (6Theory Media). January 15, 2011. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- "Winners from the 20th High1 Seoul Music Awards". Allkpop (6Theory Media). January 20, 2011. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- "Billboard Japan Music Awards name exile artist of the year".
- Kim (김), Yun-Je (연지) (February 23, 2011). 포미닛·비스트, 日도쿄 패션쇼 모델 데뷔 [4Minute.Beast, Japan Tokyo fashion show model debut]. 일간스포츠 (in Korean) (Jcube Interactive Inc). Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- "'"Stars leave for Thailand for MBC's '50th Anniversary Korean Music Wave Concert. Allkpop (6Theory Media). March 10, 2011. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- "K-pop group sings opening theme for Japanese soap". The Korea Times (Koreatimes.co.kr). January 24, 2011. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- "The Girls of 4Minute". Starstruck Music. July 2011.
- "4minute's "Heart to Heart" EP & MV released!". Allkpop (6Theory Media). March 28, 2011. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- Park (박), Kwon-Ook (권욱) (April 1, 2011). 포미닛, 첫 정규 앨범 깜짝 발매..'亞시장까지 노린다' [4Minute, first album surprise sale... 'aiming up to Asia'] (in Korean). 아시아경제. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- Gwak (곽), Min-Gu (민구) (April 1, 2011). 포미닛, 정규앨범 5일 발매… ‘쉐도우 타이틀’ 공개 임박 [4Minute, full album sale on the 5th... 'shadow title' release imminent] (in Korean). Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- "4minute Releases "4minutes Left" Album – AX3". AX3 Battery. AX3 Multimedia Inc. April 4, 2011. Retrieved May 11, 2013.
- Park (박), Kwan-ook (권욱) (April 5, 2011). 포미닛, '거울아 거울아' 뮤비 통해 성숙한 매력 발산 [4Minute, mature attractiveness shown through 'Mirror Mirror' music video] (in Korean). 아시아경제. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- "4minute to replace their controversial ‘spread leg’ dance". Allkpop. 6Theory Media. April 12, 2011. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- Kim (김), Gyo-ul (겨울) (April 14, 2011). 수정된 포미닛 안무, 선정성 논란 '쩍벌춤' 버렸다 [Changed 4Minute dance, chose to throw away controversial 'jukbal dance'] (in Korean). Starnews. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- Choi (최), Bo-Lan (보란) (April 22, 2011). "빅뱅, 'LOVE SONG' 4월 넷째주 가온차트 1위" [Bigbang, 'Love Song' 1st on the April Gaon Chart for the fourth week] (in Korean). Starnews. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- "Check out Aoyama Thelma's new Studio PV, "Without U" featuring 4minute!". Allkpop (6Theory Media). May 23, 2011. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- "SS501 Heo Young-saeng to release solo album on May 12". 10Asia. May 4, 2011. Retrieved October 31, 2011.
- "SS501's Heo Young Saeng releases 'Let It Go' MV teaser". Allkpop (6Theory Media). May 4, 2011. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- No (노), Lee-Sul (이슬) (July 5, 2011). "현아,'버블팝 (Bubble pop!)' 음원 –뮤직비디오 공개" [Hyun-a, 'Bubble Pop' discography – music video release] (in Korean). TV Daily. Retrieved January 17, 2013.
- "HyunA abruptly concludes "Bubble Pop" promotions". Allkpop (6Theory Media). August 4, 2011. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- "4minute reveals "Freestyle" MV". Allkpop. August 3, 2011. Retrieved April 20, 2013.
- Jang (장), Hyo-Jin (효진) (August 16, 2011). "포미닛, 日서 ‘Heart to Heart’ 뮤비 공개" [4Minute, release 'Heart to Heart' music video in Japan] (in Korean). Newsen. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- Bak (백), Jong-Mo (종모) (September 8, 2011). "포미닛, 日 오리콘 DVD 2위 기록 '악조건 극복할까?" [4Minute, second in Japanese Oricon DVD 'will it recover from bad conditions?] (in Korean). Xportsmedia. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- "4Minuteニューシングル発売決定!! – 2011年10月1日". 4Minute Japan Official Site (in Japanese). Retrieved August 27, 2012.
- """‘Welcome to the El-Palacio’ opening credits uses 4minute’s "Ready, Go. Tokyohive. October 9, 2011. Retrieved October 9, 2011.
- "4minute performs "Ready Go" + BoA performs "Milestone" on NTV's Happy Music". Allkpop (6Theory Media). December 17, 2011. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- Bak (백), Sol-Mi (솔미) (April 9, 2012). 포미닛, '볼륨업' 중 '다 치우고'가 가사논란? [4Minute, lyrics controversy concerning 'getting rid of everything' from 'Volume Up?'] (in Korean). 마이데일리(주). Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Yun (윤), Sung-Yul (성열) (April 9, 2012). 포미닛, 선정성으로 얼룩진 '걸그룹 편견' 비판 [4Minute, sexual viewpoint of 'girl group bias' criticism] (in Korean). STARNEWS. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- No (노), Hyung-Yun (형연) (April 9, 2012). "4Minute’s Ji Hyun changes into a mature girl". Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- "Gaon Chart releases chart rankings for April 22nd – 28th". Allkpop. 6Theory Media. May 3, 2012. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Shin (신), Na-Young (나영) (August 31, 2013). "도약하는 큐브엔터테인먼트, 글로벌 K-POP신화를 꿈꾼다" [Cube Entertainment taking off, dreams of a global k-pop legend] (in Korean). Wstarnews. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Park, YoungWoong (August 20, 2012). """4minute will invade Japan once again with "Love Tension. STARNEWS. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Kim (김), KyungMin (경민) (August 22, 2013). 포미닛 권소현, 청순한 금발 셀카 '여성미 철철' [4Minute Kwon Sohyun, pure blonde self photo 'female beauty overflowing'] (in Korean). OSEN. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Park, Jin-hai (January 26, 2014). "K-pop system incubates foreign stars". The Korea Times (Koreatimes.co.kr). Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Barretto, Clyde Erwin (August 25, 2012). "K-Pop Darlings Hyuna & 4Minute Coming to the United States". Prefix. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Benjamin, Jeff (November 8, 2012). "[Op-Ed] What 4minute's KCON Performance Reveals About Them & K-Pop". Allkpop (6Theory Media). Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Kim (김), BoRa (보라) (December 4, 2012). " [4Minute, goes to be the first runner of 'School 2013' OST, so 'expectations up']'"포미닛, 월화극 '학교2013' OST 첫 주자로 나서 '기대감up!. TV Report (in Korean) (wyzmob). Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Park, HyunMin (December 3, 2012). "′2013 United Cube Concert′ Featuring 4minute, G.Na and More to Take Place in 2013". Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Kwon (권), Mi-Jin (미진) (April 26, 2013). " [4Minute, 'What's Your Name' MV release... 'surprising zombie group effluence']'"포미닛, '이름이 뭐에요' MV 공개…'깜짝 좀비떼 출몰. 스포츠한국 (in Korean) (hankooki.com). Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Benjamin, Jeff (April 18, 2013). "4minute Announces 4th Mini-Album With Electric Concept Photos". Billboard.com.
- Kwon (권), HwanUll (환울) (May 23, 2013). 포미닛 '이름이 뭐예요?', 각종 차트 1위 '트리플 크라운 달성' [4Minute 'What's Your Name?,' first place on various charts 'achieved a triple crown']. 한국일보 (in Korean) (hankooki.com). Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Lee (이), Ji-Hyun (지현) (May 24, 2013). " ['Billboard K-pop chart 1st place' 4Minute "increase length of activity because of fans' support"]"빌보드 K팝차트 1위' 포미닛 "팬들 성원에 활동연장'" (in Korean). STARNEWS. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- 포미닛 ‘물좋아’ 3주만에 컴백, 이례적행보 택한 진짜이유 (in Korean).
- "[Newsen] 4minute to comeback with ‘Is it Poppin’ (물좋아)". Loveindacube.wordpress.com. June 24, 2013.
- "4minute’s "Is It Poppin’?" Comeback Is Already Causing Controversy". Popdust.com. June 26, 2013.
- "4minute's "Is it Poppin'?" deemed unfit for broadcast by KBS". Allkpop.com. June 26, 2013.
- Gill (길), HyeSung (혜성) (June 29, 2013). 포미닛, '물좋아?' 공개 이틀째 5개 음원차트 1위 [4Minute, 'Is it Poppin'?' second day release, 1st place on 5 music charts] (in Korean). STARNEWS. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Gwak (곽), MinGu (민구) (June 28, 2013). 포미닛, ‘물 좋아?’ 음원-뮤비 공개 "남친 향한 깜찍한 경고" [4Minute, 'Is it Poppin?' music-music video reveal 'cute warning against the boyfriend] (in Korean). Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- "4NIA JAPANより会員の皆さまへ重要なお知らせ" (in Japanese). UM360.Inc, Playcube.Inc, Adways Entertainment Co.,Ltd & ROM SHARING INC. August 23, 2013. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Lee (이), EunJung (은정) (January 20, 2014). 포미닛, 용감한형제 곡 '살만찌고'…4개 차트 1위 [4Minute, Brave Brothers' song 'Only Gained Weight'... first on four charts]. Yonhap (in Korean). Retrieved January 28, 2014.
- "GAON DIGITAL CHART". Gaon. Week 5 of 2014. Retrieved March 7, 2014.
- Yun, Chloe (March 7, 2014). "4minute Releases New EP Album ‘4MINUTE WORLD’ in March – Yahoo Celebrity Philippines". Yahoo Celebrity (Philippines). BNT News. Retrieved March 7, 2014.
- "K-Pop Tragedy: At Least 16 Dead at 4Minute Concert in South Korea". Billboard. Associated Press. October 17, 2014. Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- "Winners of the '2014 Style Icon Awards'!". allkpop. October 28, 2014. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Lee, Eun-jung (December 26, 2012). 포미닛 가윤·지윤, '쌍윤' 결성..1월 신보. Yonhap (in Korean). Retrieved January 30, 2014., translated to English at "Ssangyoon Sub-Unit to Debut in January". 4-minutes Forum. December 24, 2012. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- Lee (이), JaeHoon (재훈) (January 17, 2013). "허가윤·전지윤 '투윤' 떴어요 Harvest Moon" [Heo GaYoon Jeon JiYoon '2YOON' is popular Harvest Moon] (in Korean). NEWSIS.COM. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- Lee (이), MinJee (민지) (January 17, 2013). 투윤 ‘24/7’ 본격 활동 시작, 오늘(17일) 컴백무대 게스트는? [2YOON '24/7' definite activity start, today's (17th) comeback stage guest is?] (in Korean). Newsen. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- Choi, BoRan (January 17, 2013). "2Yoon, the unit project of 4Minute, gives a mysterious, fresh performance". STARNEWS. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- Lee (이), YunHuk (연헉) (October 28, 2009). "걸그룹 인기척도는 치킨CF? ‘못 찍으면 명함도 못 내밀어’" [Girl-group popularity is rated by chicken CF? 'If you can't film one, you can't show your name card'] (in Korean). Newsen. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- Bak (박), YungGuk (영국) (November 30, 2009). "소니 MP3 사면, ´포미닛´ 디자인 파우치 증정" [If you buy a Sony MP3, free design pouch]. EBN (in Korean) ((주)이비뉴스). Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- Lee (이), EunJung (은정) (December 3, 2009). 포미닛, 베지밀 전속 모델 발탁 [4Minute, chosen as the model of Vegemil]. Yonhap (in Korean). Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- Lee (이), JiHyun (지현) (August 14, 2010). 1924세대 위한 스킨케어 브랜드, 아리얼 론칭 [Skincare brand for 19 to 24 year olds, Ariul launching] (in Korean). NEWSIS.COM. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- Yim (임), ChangSoo (창수) (September 3, 2010). 포미닛, 슈즈멀티숍 광고모델..'독특 스타일' 매력 [4Minute, Shoe-multi-shop advertising moel... 'unique style' attractiveness] (in Korean). STARNEWS. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- "Korean Trend still hot!! Scotch Puree continues endorsement contract with 4Minute Huge budget set for sales blast-off!!!". Thailand press release news (Tasang Limited). March 12, 2012. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- Kim (김), HanJoon (한준) (August 31, 2011). 프리스타일, 소현-가윤 추가로 포미닛 캐릭터 완성 [FreeSTyle, So-hyun-Gayoon finished as extra 4Minute characters] (in Korean). Gamedonga. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
- "갤럭시S3와 함께 올림픽 응원해요…2PM, Miss A, 씨스타, 포미닛 등" [Let's cheer on the Olympics with Galaxy S3... 2PM, Miss A, Sistar, 4Minute, etc.]. 세계파이낸스 (in Korean) (SEGYE.com). July 9, 2012. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- Chan, Bryan (March 11, 2013). "Samsung Has Something Special for the Ladies". Malaysia Hardwarezone.com. SPH Magazines. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- Anne Castro, Racine (March 11, 2013). "Samsung unveils La’Fleur Collection for the modern woman; officially endorsed by 4Minute". GADGETS MAGAZINE. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- "Talent Cosmetics History". 탈렌트화장품주식회사. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- Choi (최), EunJoo (은주) (May 2, 2013). 좀비 퍼포먼스 '포미닛', 서든어택에 떴다 [Zombie performance '4Minute,' appear in Sudden Attack] (in Korean). OSEN. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- Choi (최), YongSun (용선) (June 4, 2013). 서울우유협동조합, ´쉐이킹´ 모델에 걸그룹 ´포미닛´ 발탁 [Seoul Milk, chose '4Minute' as girl group models for 'Shak king']. EBN (in Korean) ((주)이비뉴스). Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Ssangyong Motors Makes 4minute Their Cover Girls". Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- Official website (Korean)
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.