The Halliday Brand
|The Halliday Brand|
|Directed by||Joseph H. Lewis|
George W. George
George F. Slavin
|Running time||79 minutes|
Daniel and Martha Halliday, son and daughter of the powerful Big Dan, strenuously object to his bigotry and violence. When he leads the lynching of her half-breed beau, Jivaro Burris, it is the last straw.
Dan becomes estranged from his father and closer to his rival, Jivaro's father, while also developing a romantic attachment to Aleta Burris, the dead man's sister. It leads to a showdown between the two sides.
- Joseph Cotten as Daniel Halliday
- Viveca Lindfors as Aleta Burris
- Betsy Blair as Martha Halliday
- Ward Bond as Big Dan Halliday
- Bill Williams as Clay Halliday
- Jay C. Flippen as Chad Burris
- Christopher Dark as Jivaro Burris
- Jeanette Nolan as Nante
- Peter Ortiz as Manuel
- "New York Times: The Halliday Brand". NY Times. Retrieved 2008-08-03.
- The Halliday Brand at the Internet Movie Database